Galapagos Tortoise Center - Conservation volunteer
Work with the Galapagos National Park as a member of the staff at the Tortoise Breeding Center. Your responsibilities will include feeding and caring for the tortoises, and maintaining their enclosure. You will also help with zoo keeping type assignments and potentially educate tourists and inform them of rules and regulations, depending on background and abilities.
Our schedules are based on 20 hrs/week and can voluntarily be extended to a regular 40hr
work week.. The normal schedule is Monday-Friday 7.30 – 11.30AM which may be subject to
change depending on the tasks at hand.
• Basic to intermediate level of Spanish
• A genuine passion for animal conservation
• An ability to openly communicate rules and regulations to tourists and follow instructions
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team
• Flexibility in work schedules and tasks to accommodate day to day needs of a local institution
• Physical ability to work outdoors with potentially high allergen, sun and temperature exposure