Turtle Nest Monitor, Cuba - (During nesting season only: May – October)
Available in Galapagos from December – May
The sea turtle nesting monitoring project is located at El Guanal Beach, on the southern coast of the Isle of Youth, Cuba. The beach is remote, located in a protected area, and is mainly visited by Green and Loggerhead sea turtles. As a volunteer, you will walk the beach and collect data on the nesting turtles, nests, and eggs, and contribute to a recently started local sea turtle conservation initiative.
During nesting season only: May – October
6 hours every night: 10PM-4AM
- Intermediate level of Spanish
- A genuine passion for animal conservation
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Physically ability to work outdoors with potentially high sun, element, and temperature exposure
- Physical ability to walk long distances on the beach
- Ability to independently collect and register data
We encourage all volunteers to stay as long as possible to maximize local and personal benefit. Minimum stay is 1 week. We encourage longer commitments by discounting each additional week stayed. Maximum stay is 1 month.
Accommodation is provided at Villa Arrecife, our volunteer house and dive center. The house has two bedrooms, a living room, kitchen, and back patio and is located only a short walk away from the ocean and town center. You will share the house only with other volunteers. A private chef comes daily to the house to cook all meals.
Please contact email@example.com to learn more!