Botany – Conservation volunteer
Help protect our endemic flora in cooperation with the Galapagos National Park. You will work at the GNP’s endemic plant nursery in the fertile volcanic highlands, helping to grow and maintain ecologically important endemic species. Once the seedlings are ready, you will help distribute them to private garden and urban beautification projects. Additionally, your responsibilities will include maintaining and expanding the IOI Botanical Garden.
Our schedules are based on 32 hrs/week. The normal schedule is Monday-Thursday 7:30AM –3:30PM which may be subject to change depending on the tasks at hand and/or the bus schedule to the nursery.
• Basic to intermediate level of Spanish in order to communicate with fellow workers
• Genuine passion for the outdoors and conservation of nature
• Physical ability to work construction and gardening type jobs outdoors with potentially high
allergen, sun and temperature exposure
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team
• Basic knowledge of non-motorized tools and their safe usage