Coral Reef Restoration
As the coral reef restoration volunteer, you will contribute to an ongoing initiative to improve and monitor coral reef health. The data collected will help guide the environmental planning of this protected area. This will include:
- Coral reef monitoring
- Coral gardening.
- Fish & seagrass surveying.
- Lionfish monitoring and capture.
Volunteers will snorkel to conduct this work, with the exception of the coral gardening and lionfish monitoring, which will require volunteers to scuba dive (certification required).
- Intermediate level of Spanish.
- A genuine passion for animal conservation.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Flexible schedule that accounts for the day to day needs of working with a local institution
- Physical ability to work outdoors with potentially high sun, element, and temperature exposure.
- Ability to independently collect and register data.
- Must be an experienced snorkeler, or a certified diver if you plan on diving.