As the ecotourism intern in the communications department at the Galapagos National Park you will gather information that will help the national park staff make important ecotourism decisions. This will include:
- Running satisfaction questionnaires at visitor sites.
- Generating statistical data.
- Creating databases based on the surveys you administer.
Schedules are based on a 25 hr/week commitment, and can voluntarily be extended to a regular 40hr/work week. Typically Monday-Friday 7:30AM-12:30PM. May be subject to change depending on the tasks at hand.
- Intermediate to advanced level of Spanish in order to communicate with fellow workers and visitors.
- Ability to communicate and act with care and patience.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Flexible schedule that accounts for the day to day needs of working with a local institution.
- Physical ability to work outdoors with potentially high sun, element, and temperature exposure.
- Ability to independently collect and register data.
Interested in volunteering as an Ecotourism Intern? Follow these 3 easy steps
Step 1: Fill out an application. Once we receive you application, we will contact you with any follow-up questions.
Step 2: Once we confirm your acceptance and approve dates, make your refundable deposit of $200 to confirm your position. The deposit goes towards your final program fee and is already deducted from the prices you see below.
Step 3: Pay full program fee.