Turtle Nest Monitoring and coastal restoration
As a turtle nesting season assistant you will be part of a recently launched local sea turtle conservation initiative, and your primary responsibility will be to record critically important nesting baseline data on El Guanal Beach. This will include:
- Identifying turtle species (Loggerhead or Green).
- Determining nesting patterns, and monitoring nest sizes.
Out of nesting season, we will work on ensuring that the coastal ecosystems remain in a state that will promote turtle nesting in the future. This includes coastal clean-ups, eradication of invasive species, and reforestation of dunes and near-shore forests
Six hours every night: 10PM-4AM (nesting)
- Intermediate level of Spanish
- A genuine passion for animal conservation
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Physically ability to work outdoors with potentially high sun, element, and temperature exposure
- Physical ability to walk long distances on the beach
- Ability to independently collect and register data