Turtle Nest Monitoring, Galapagos - (During nesting season only: December – May)
As the turtle nest monitor, you will assist the Galapagos National Park staff by taking critically important nesting baseline data. This will include:
- Identifying species (hawksbill or green).
- Determining nesting patterns.
- Monitoring nest sizes.
4 hours/day: 6:00AM-8:00AM (first light) and 8:00PM-10:00PM (dark)
(Position can be combined with another position during the day at no extra cost)
- Basic level of Spanish.
- A genuine passion for animal conservation.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Flexible schedule that accounts for the day to day needs of working with a local institution.
- Physical ability to work outdoors with potentially high sun, element, and temperature exposure.
- Ability to independently collect and register data
Interested in volunteering as a Turtle Nest Monitor? Follow these 3 easy steps.
Step 1: Fill out an application. Once we receive you application, we will contact you with any follow-up questions.
Step 2: Once we confirm your acceptance and approve dates, make your refundable deposit of $200 to confirm your position. The deposit goes towards your final program fee and is already deducted from the prices you see below.
Step 3: Pay full program fee.