Galapagos Tortoise Center - Conservation volunteer
As the Galapagos Tortoise Center conservation volunteer, you will work with the Galapagos National Park as a member of the staff at the Tortoise Breeding Center. This will include:
- Feeding and caring for the tortoises, as well as maintaining their enclosure.
- Assisting the zoo keepers.
- Working directly with the public to educate tourists by informing them of the rules and regulations designed to keep the tortoises safe and the habitats intact.
Schedules are based on a 25 hr/week commitment, and can voluntarily be extended to a regular 40hr/work week. Typically Monday-Friday 7:30AM-12:30PM.
May be subject to change depending on the tasks at hand.
- Basic to intermediate level of Spanish.
- A genuine passion for animal conservation.
- An ability to openly communicate rules and regulations to tourists as well as follow instructions. - Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Flexible schedule that accounts for the day to day needs of working with a local institution.
- Physical ability to work outdoors with potentially high sun, element, and temperature exposure.